The New Windsor Crew and I joined the Thursday cohort and we started the session by connecting to other educators. I really enjoyed hearing the different ideas and how everybody has used their learning (sharing some with the staff especially how one teacher used Basketball statistics and Google Sheet).
Today, we covered Google Sites. A few things resonated with me and made me reflect and look back at our own sites.
I even looked at my old 2014 site and thought - eeekk what was going through my head?
1. Design of the Sites
Does my design hide the learning? Do students have to click to access their learning? Is it engaging if the students have to scroll?
I've been guilty of making it pretty without thinking of functionality. I think there has to be a balance of it.
2. Sites are an extension of your classroom.
How engaging are our sites? What does it say about our classroom? Does it reflect who we are and how we want to be seen?
3. Multi-modal text
I really enjoyed this part of the DFI. I thought what Phil modelled was a great collaborative way to work on T-shape literacy for our staff. Sites are about access to learning. Do we allow all our learners to have access to that learning? Do we offer a choice of how they learn? Do we challenge them by offering another perspective?
4. Asking for students' feedback on your site
This was really powerful for me. They are the ones who use it do we ask for their feedback? This links to what Laurayne Tafa said at our Colference - do we allow student voice on how our classrooms run? Is it a partnership?

No comments:
Post a Comment