Dorothy started the session by looking into the Create kaupapa. The things that resonated with me was:
- Creative skills help students become better problem solvers, communicators and collaborators.
- Creativity focuses on the process of forming original ideas through exploration and discovery. Kohl 2008
What increased my understanding was the idea that this was the "hook for the students" and the idea of using Sisomo (Sight, sound and motion) to engage the students. I never thought of it like that before. Sight, sound and motion to draw your audience and engage the students - it made total sense.
I think it was also a reminder for me that creating a slide is not creativity - it is how you use that slide and what you do with it! An example of that is this very impressive animation: http://wpstufuil.blogspot.com/2018/06/my-blog-profile-animation.html
After the session, we went through creating a Youtube playlist - this was handy when I have to do last minute dance sessions with kids! No more wasting time searching for appropriate songs. I also saved some Mindful exercises which will come in handy with the learners.
On a side note, I watch Jeremy's and Dorothy's screen and have picked up on heaps. Dorothy = reading list and Jeremy's creating new Google docs by using .new shortcut. So good for my workflow - I love efficiency. 💕 Can you see the common theme of my blog posts?
I also like the Deep Dives because it gets the brain going for ideas. I'm often left with - let's do that! That's a good idea. How can we use that in our school? We recently renovated our classrooms, and we are thinking of installing Green Screen via Green autex and Blue autex. Our learners will definitely love this, and we are grateful for the tips.
The next session was about tools to create, and we had a go at creating. Here a few of my creations:
Profile using Google Draw
You can check out my profile at the side. I also created one for my school blog: nwslaxa.blogspot.co.nz.
Digital Portrait using Google Draw
Digital Pepeha
The feeling that surprised me during this session was how much I wanted to share my creation, as well as the feeling of accomplishment/achievement when I finished creating.

Kia ora Maria. Wow, looks like you had a very creative day. Awesome effort with your digital portrait! Students always love that activity. Just make sure your mote files have the right permissions as I can't hear them at the moment.
ReplyDeleteOoppss. All fixed.:D
DeleteLook at your Digital Pepeha. It's awesome... can I steal the idea of using our NWS template. I love your shapes for your pictures too. LOVE IT! I showed Jaime your drawing and she was well impressed. We agree - it's awesome. Another week of fabulous tips, and I am proud of myself for surviving without you.
ReplyDeleteKia ora Maria,
ReplyDeleteSo fantastic to read how much you are taking from the DFI. I also learn new things from watching Dorothy and Jeremy present! We are always learning new things and the wonderful thing with Google is that there are constantly changes coming through. Your pepeha looks awesome! Have you used Mote? It's an extension that allows you to really easily add audio to slides.
Vicki