Life long Learner.
It's probably not a surprise when I say I love learning, and today, I absolutely loved it. I ask myself why I love learning and it is about being challenged about what I know.
There were a few things I learnt and was challenged on today!
My school has been part of Manaiakalani Outreach for few years now - it was great to hear the why. I realised how much I didn't know about Manaiakalani. It was interesting to hear how learn, create and share evolved - I've always wondered how it started. I especially enjoyed hearing about the journey.
I would describe myself as digitally competent, and I generally learn by trial and error. Press the button and see how it goes. Self-taught. But my biggest learning? I wasn't efficient in how I did things - I didn't realise this. I learnt few skills to improve my workflow and efficiency - I love being able to save time. It made me very happy that I can create multiple headings with one click! This applied to the separation of personal profile and school profile as well. It was so much easier than when I originally did it - the People function made it so much easier and saved me so much time.
But my favourite part was removing the background on pictures to be able to create an infographic on a Google doc. My use of Google Doc was challenged. When you say Google doc you don't immediately think infographic. Here is my creation based on our Learner Profile.
So what?

I totally made connections to what you have written here! I also shared that I am self taught and I suspected and have now had it confirmed that there are many ways to streamline mine (and others) workflow. Thank you for going over some of the tips and steps I missed - I appreciated it! Such a good range of learning today and loads of fantastic ideas that I know we can utilise across a range of contexts and settings. A really enjoyable day, and I'm super glad we are doing it together. Go us!
ReplyDeleteKa pai Maria. Sounds like you hd a great start to DFI. Voice typing is awesome. I always had a couple of students per class whose attitudes to writing completely changed after using it. Love the blog title by the way. Shout out if you have any questions or feedback about DFI when I'm at school on Mondays.
ReplyDeleteKia Ora, Maria, so glad to hear you enjoyed the first session of DFI on Friday. I can totally relate to your point around looking for ways to increase efficiency with your workflow - this was my perspective last year as a participant on DFI, too. Well done, too, on your infographic! It looks great, and wouldn't look out of place on your school's site or FB page! Have a great rest of your week, and see you again on Friday. Ngā mihi
ReplyDelete